Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dreams Do Come True!

That's right, the time has finally come. After a very tedious couple days of constant poking, prodding, and a few well timed sneak attacks with overly adorable puppy pictures; Mike and I are welcoming a Great Dane to the family. While I'd like to think that the Oscar for 'Most Persuasive Performance of the Year' should go to me, I must give credit where credit is due. Thank you Katie for pleading my case better than I ever could, and thank you Kathleen for providing me with such cute pictures of your little guys and girls! With the hard part behind us, it didn't take long for Mike and I to decide which puppy we wanted(even though we'd honestly be happy with any of them). We picked a purebred Blue who will be named Puck after one of the characters from Glee, and we get to bring him home on July 24th! He is just over 5 weeks old and is already 9 pounds! We are both incredibly excited even though we have a ton of things to work on and learn in the next month. Not much else to say as of right now, so here's a picture of our boy at 5 weeks(taken today). The quality of the picture is not really up to my standards, though I am thankful the breeder is keeping us updated with recent photo's on a weekly basis until we pick Puck up so I will not complain. Not a lot anyways.

4 comments:

  1. WEEE!! I'm so EXCITED for you guys and for our family too!! Ella will LOVE LOVE LOVE him! Also, itsw a first...my name is actually in a blog...weird! Love youss guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to bring him home and see how he interacts with Ella! I'm sure it will be too cute for words, so we'll have to get lots of good pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rumor has it there is a 6 week photo on the way...just gotta get the husband to blog some more witty crafty things to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rumor has it there is another pic of Puck coming soon....just waiting for the husband to write something witty to go with it! =o)

    ReplyDelete